Facts of Daniel Dae Kim
|Full Name:||Daniel Dae Kim|
|Net Worth:||$10 million|
|Height:||5 feet 7 inches (1.70m)|
|Profession:||Actor, Voice Actor, Director, Producer|
|Kids:||Two (sons: Zander Kim and Jackson Kim)|
Daniel Dae Kim is a well-known American actor who has appeared in shows such as “Lost” and “Hawaii Five-0.” Daniel Dae Kim also works as a director, producer, and voice actor. He recently tested positive for COVID-19 and stated that he is “practically back to normal” after self-isolation and taking medications prescribed by his personal doctor.
How old is Daniel Dae Kim?
On August 4, 1968, Daniel Dae Kim was born in Busan, South Korea. Kim Dae Hyun is his Korean surname, and DDK is his nickname. Likewise, he is currently 51 years old. Jung Kim, his mother, and Dr. Doo-tae Kim, his father, are his parents. His family moved to the United States when he was a year old, so he spent his childhood in New York City, Easton, and Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
There is no information about his brothers and sisters. However, based on several childhood photos posted on Daniel’s Instagram, it appears that he is not the Kim couple’s only child. “Meet the Kim kids,” he captioned one of his photos. Even back then, we adored our little sister!” This implies that he grew up with his siblings, though he hasn’t said much about them.
Kim attended Freedom High School in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and graduated from there. It’s the same high school Dwayne Johnson went to. He received a double bachelor’s degree in theater and political science from Haverford College/Bryn Mawr College in 1990. In 1996, he graduated from New York University’s Graduate Acting Program with an MFA in acting.
Who is Daniel Dae Kim Wife?
Despite the fact that Kim divides his time between Los Angeles and New York, he spends the majority of the year in Honolulu, Hawaii, with his wife Mia Kim and two children. After initially relocating to Hawaii during the latter stages of Lost, he continued with his residency after being thrown in Hawaii Five-0. He spoke as a substitute at the 2014 University of Hawaii initiation service on May 17, 2014.
Awards and Net Worth of Daniel Dae Kim
In 2020, his net worth is expected to be $10 million dollars. For this film, the Lost actor won two awards. At the 12th Screen Actors Guild Awards in 2006, he won the award for “Outstanding Ensemble Performance in a Drama Series.” At the 2006 Asian Excellence Awards, he was also named “Outstanding Television Actor.” In addition to these honors, Daniel was nominated for “Choice TV Actor – Action” at the 2011 and 2012 Teen Choice Awards. It was in recognition of his performance in Hawaii Five-0.
In addition, Daniel received an AZN Asian Excellence Award, a Multicultural Prism Award, and a Vanguard Award from the Korean American Coalition for “Outstanding Performance by an Actor.” Kim received the prestigious KoreAm Achievement Award in Arts and Entertainment in 2009. People Magazine named him one of the “Sexiest Men Alive” twice.
Daniel was recently nominated for a Broadway Beacon Award for his performance as the King of Siam in The King and I.
Career line of Daniel Dae Kim
- DDK is a voice actor, producer, and actor from the United States. As an actor, director, and now producer, Daniel has made a career out of creating multifaceted, stereotype-busting roles.
- Daniel was best known for his role as Jin-Soo Kwon on Lost prior to playing Chin Ho Kelly on Hawaii Five-0. Lost is a hit show that earned him several awards, and he played Chin-Ho Kelly for seven seasons on Hawaii Five-0.
- Daniel discovered acting as a student at Haverford College, prior to his international success. He then moved to New York City after graduation, where he began his stage career. He appeared in a number of classics, including Romeo and Juliet, Ivanov, and A Doll’s House.
- Despite his early success, he went on to study acting at New York University’s Graduate Acting Program to further his knowledge of the craft.
- Daniel began acting in films such as The Jackal, For Love of the Game, The Hulk, Spider-Man 2, and The Cave after earning his MFA.
- He also appeared in Crash, a film that won an Academy Award. Daniel most recently portrayed Jack Kang in the Divergent Series films Insurgent and Allegiant. Daniel also appeared in Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen as Ben Daimio.
- In terms of his voice acting career, Daniel has provided the voice for animated series and films such as The Tale of Princess Kaguya.
- It’s a Studio Ghibli film that has won several awards. In addition, he provided narration for the PBS nature documentary series Big Pacific. Daniel has also contributed to video games such as Saints Row. He voiced the character Johnny Gat in the bestselling series.
- Aside from that, Daniel has appeared as a guest star on a number of television shows. CSI, ER, and two seasons as CTU Agent Tom Baker on 24 are among them. Kim was also in The Andromeda Strain in 2008. The miniseries has been nominated for an Emmy Award.
- Daniel also runs his production company 3AD in addition to his acting career. He founded it in 2014 with the intention of creating high-quality content for television, film, and digital media. He worked with ITV Studios America to create it.
- The company is dedicated to telling stories that feature characters and cultures that have been historically underrepresented in today’s media. 3AD also worked on The Good Doctor (ABC). Daniel serves as Executive Producer on the season’s critically acclaimed new series.