Facts of Christian Slater
|Full Name:||Christian Slater|
|Net Worth:||$30 million|
|Height:||5 feet 10 inches|
|Kids:||Two (Jaden Christopher and Eliana Sophia)|
|Mother:||Mary Jo Slater|
Christian Slater is an American actor and producer known for his outstanding performances in both television and film. Christian Slaters’ talent as an actor was quickly recognized, as he landed meaty roles in a number of big-budget productions throughout the 1990s, including ‘Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves,’ ‘Interview with the Vampire,’ ‘FernGully: The Last Rainforest,’ ‘Broken Arrow,’ and ‘Hard Rain.’
How old is Christian Slater?
The talented actor was born on August 18, 1969, in New York City, NY. He is of American nationality and was born under the sign of Leo. Likewise, he is 51 years old. He was born to Michael Hawkins and Mary Jo Slater. While his father was an actor, his mother worked as an acting agent, then as a cast executive and producer. Slater attended Dalton School and the Professional Children’s School before enrolling at the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music, Art, and Performing Arts.
How much does Christian Slater earn?
Christian Slater is a successful actor, and his hard work has paid off. He has a net worth of $30 million. The talented actor has amassed all of his wealth through his profession. In addition, the film ‘Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves’ was a commercial success, grossing $390 million worldwide.
Does Christian Slater have a Wife?
Christian Slater has had romantic relationships with a relationship of celebrities, including actresses Winona Ryder and Samantha Mathis, as well as model Christy Turlington. In the year 2000, he married Ryan Haddon. The couple had two children, Jaden Christopher and Eliana Sophia. However, things between the two began to deteriorate as they prepared to divorce in 2005. Slater and Haddon divorced two years later. Following a two-year relationship, Slater married Brittany Lopez in December 2013.
Scandals of Christian Slater
Acting in a West End revival of David Mamet’s potty-mouthed Glengarry Glen Ross appears to have rubbed off on Christian Slater, who has called a journalist a “salacious c—” after having his past indiscretions probed. Hines asked Slater to clarify a statement he made earlier in the interview in which he said he has “no regrets” about his past, especially since he was once jailed for beating his girlfriend. “What a salacious c— this guy is!” Slater fired back before being escorted out of the room by his publicist.
Slater later apologized for his actions in an email to Hines, writing, “the question of regret is difficult for me to reckon with.” I do regret what I said this morning.” During his career, Slater has had several run-ins with the law. He was arrested several times for drunk driving and carrying a gun on an airplane. In addition, he served 59 days in prison for assaulting his girlfriend at the time and a police officer while under the influence of tequila and cocaine. He was arrested again in 2005 for harassing a woman in the street, though the charges were later dropped.
How tall is Christian Slater?
He is 5 feet 9 inches tall, according to his body measurements. He weighs 80 kilograms. His chest measurement is 40 inches, his waist measurement is 33 inches, and his biceps measurement is 12 inches. Furthermore, he wears a size 10 US shoe. In addition, the actor has hazel eyes and brown hair. His distinguishing feature is his white beard on his face. The actor appears to be in good health and shape, with a slim and athletic build.
Career line of Christian Slater
- Following in his father’s footsteps, Slater landed his first acting role in the ABC soap opera “One Life to Live.” He was only eight at the time. He then made his Broadway debut in the 1980 revival of ‘The Music Man,’ playing the lisping Winthrop Paroo opposite Dick Van Dyke. Other Broadway stage shows soon followed, including ‘Copperfield,’ ‘Merlin,’ ‘Macbeth,’ ‘Side Man,’ and ‘The Glass Menagerie.’
- In addition, he appeared in the West End plays ‘One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest’ and ‘Swimming With Sharks.’ Slater’s big break came in 1985 with the film “The Legend of Billie Jean.” He played Billie Jean’s brother ‘Binx’ in the film.
- Slater rose to prominence as an actor with his performance in the 1986 film ‘The Name of the Rose.’
- He co-starred with Sean Connery, playing the role of Connery’s apprentice monk as they investigated a series of murders at a Benedictine abbey. Following that, he appeared in several films, including ‘Tucker: The Man and His Dream,’ ‘Beyond the Stars,’ and ‘Gleaming the Cube,’ the latter being his first as a lead actor. Though Slater had a few films under his belt by the late 1980s, a major hit didn’t come until 1989, when he starred in the dark comedy ‘Heathers.’
- Following ‘Heathers,’ Slater played troubled adolescent roles in a couple of films, including ‘Pump Up the Volume’ and ‘Young Guns II.’
- With the Hollywood big-budget production ‘Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves,’ he scored his biggest box office hit to that point in 1991. Slater played Will Scarlet in the film, which also starred Kevin Costner, Morgan Freeman, and Alan Rickman.
- The film’s phenomenal success had a significant impact on Slater’s actor career as well, as he became one of the major A-list stars of the 1990s. In the years that followed, he starred in several hit films, including ‘Mobsters’ and ‘Kuffs.’ Slater, a big Star Trek fan, jumped at the chance to play a minor role in ‘Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.’
- Since 2000, Slater has primarily worked as a lead actor in low-budget films, though he has occasionally appeared as a supporting actor in mainstream productions such as ‘Bobby’ and ‘3000 Miles to Graceland.’
- He was a regular on television in the 2000s, starring in the hit shows ‘The West Wing’ and ‘Alias.’ Other TV shows include ‘The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron,’ ‘My Own Worst Enemy,’ and ‘The Forgotten.’
- Since 2011, Christian Slater has been a part of several successful projects, including ‘The River Murders,’ ‘Soldiers of Fortune,’ ‘Bullet to the Head,’ ‘The Power of Few,’ ‘Nymphomaniac,’ ‘Ask Me Anything,’ and ‘The Adderall Diaries.’
- As of January 2017, his most recent film appearance was in ‘King Cobra.’ Since 2015, he has played a computer hacker named ‘Mr. Robot’ in the critically acclaimed television series ‘Mr. Robot.’
- Slater has recently provided his voice to three television shows, including ‘Jake and the Never Land Pirates’ as the Grim Buccaneer, ‘The Lion Guard’ as Ushari, and ‘Milo Murphy’s Law’ as Elliot Decker.
Awards and Nominations of Christian Slater
Christian Slater won the MTV Movie Award for ‘Most Desirable Male’ and ‘Best Kiss’ (with Marisa Tomei) for ‘Untamed Heart’ in 1993. In 2000, he received the Slate Award for Best Male Performance for ‘Very Bad Things.’ Slater received his first Golden Globe Award in 2016 for ‘Mr. Robot,’ almost three decades after his debut, in the category Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries, or Television Film. His outstanding performance in the show also earned him the Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries, or Television Film.